Ah, dang! I am so enthusiastic about challenges especially since this will be the first official full year of Charmingly Simple. So, in other words the first year that I have 365 days to do challenges! There are two last and final ones that I am going to join this year. The first one is the 2016 Debut Author Challenge hosted by ThatArtsyReaderGirl. It consists of reading 2016 debut authors and I think that it’s such a wonderful way of getting an extremely talented group of authors the recognition that they deserve. So why don’t you stop on by ArtsyReader’s page and sign up yourself!
There will be reviews posted on each of the debut authors that I read. Stop by and read them and maybe you’ll find one that you would like to read and enjoy.
- The challenge will run from January 1-December 31, 2016.
- We’re welcoming all readers to join us for this challenge! In order to sign up, readers just need to link to their blogs or their Goodreads profile or their Twitter / YouTube / Instagram account in the Linky below. That way, we can see where you’ll be sharing your thoughts on all your fantasy reads (and we can come and visit you)!
- You can read as many fantasy novels as you’d like to. No levels for this challenge!
- There will be two giveaways, one at 6 months and one at the end of the year. More details will be provided closer to those dates.
- Help us spread the word! Feel free to tweet about the challenge using our official hashtag#flightsoffantasy, grab the button to link to the challenge in your blog sidebar, share the image on Pinterest / Instagram or even write your own post about it. We love talking with fellow fantasy fans and want to reach as many of them as possible!
- Challenge yourself to read a certain number of fantasy books. Share your challenge number in a comment, a blog post, a tweet or whatever other way you can think of!
- Around the last week of each month, we’ll be sharing our personal updates on how the challenge is going for us. We’ll be including a Linky, just in case you decided to do the same. (This is optional!)
- As mentioned, there will be giveaways! If you want to gain bonus entries for the giveaways, read any (or even all!) of our favorite fantasy books listed below:
- Joint Favorites: Throne of Glass, Harry Potter, Fire and Thorns, Snow Like Ashes, The Queen of the Tearling, Six of Crows, Truthwitch
- Alexa’s Favorites: Eon, Daughter of the Forest, The Elemental Trilogy, Song of the Lioness,The Hobbit
- Rachel’s Favorites: The Grisha Trilogy, Harper Hall Trilogy, The Fever series, The Winner’s Curse trilogy, Graceling
- We’re incorporating Twitter chats into the event next year. The current plan is to do at least three chats – one at the start of the year, one in the middle of the year and one at the end of it. The details will be coming to you closer to the dates.
I am going to challenge myself to read 40 fantasy books!!! Let’s see if I can manage it!