Top Ten Tuesdays: 10 Most Read Authors
It’s that time of the week again! Top Ten Tuesday brought to you by Broke and Bookish has posed an interesting question this week and it is what are your top ten most read authors! Now, I’ve been reading a very long time and there are a lot of authors out there that I’ve read but there are a few that make this list that are my all-time favorite authors and have a special place in my heart. So, here we go…
1. Tamora Peirce: Oh Tortall how I love you so. The funny thing about this book is that I almost never picked up Alanna: The First Adventure because my school library had the first edition that was published in the 80’s and it looked completely unappealing. Boy was I glad that I decided to not judge this book by its cover!
2. J.K. Rowling: This is a no brainer in my opinion. I’ve read all of the 7 Harry Potter books multiple times and probably will end up reading them (at least the first few to my kids).
3. George R.R. Martin: What can I say, I love Westeros and probably will be forever hoping that this series comes to a conclusion in my lifetime.
4. C.L. Lewis: I have read all of the Chronicles of Narnia books and…well there are a lot of them if you include the Magicians Nephew.
5. Ilona Andrews: If you haven’t read this author and you love urban fantasy it is a must read; especially the Kate Daniel series. It is set in a dystopian world where magic and technology fight for dominance. Might I add kick ass heroine and a sexy lion?
6. Patricia Briggs: Like I said above for a long time I loved urban fantasy and devoured a lot of stories dealing with this subject. One of my favorite is the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. It is an awesome series and I recommend it!
7. Kelley Armstrong: This is honestly one of those cases where you should NOT judge a book by its crappy series by SyFi. Yes, Bitten is a show, and for those of you who love the show it IS a book and an awesome series that deals with witches, werewolves, and all sorts of baddy things and all of this is way more awesome in the books.
8. Laurell K. Hamilton: Wow, I read a lot of these books and I loved the Anita Blake series in the beginning. It makes me sad that the later books became so…so….ugh. I wasted a lot of time on this series that I can never get back.
9. Brandon Sanderson: Last but CERTAINLY not least is Brandon Sanderson. I have read pretty much every book that he has written solo and I am not going to lie I am going to be a forever fan. The only reason he is last on the list is because I honestly forgot to add him but I think that each of the Reminisce Chronicles counts as two or three books each right?
10. I’m leaving blank because past these authors I can’t tell you who exactly I’ve read more of.